Yapacani, Bolivia is a fast growing and disorganized town located an hour west of bustling Montero and just north of the tropical Amborro National Park. This SLM site of the “San Carlos Mission” was founded in 2009 making it the newest site in Bolivia.
SLM Ministry Opportunities
In Yapacani, there are many possibilities for an SLM. The Yapacani site has something for everyone that wants to be creative with their many skills. Some of the ministries include:
- work with the youth at a rural boarding school
- help with Saturday Oratory
- do tech work at the church owned radio station
- organize events with the local youth group
- visit communities with the Salesian sisters
- give catechism classes
- offer assistance to the office of a Canadian child sponsorship program
SLMs live in a small house near the church and across the street from the Salesian sisters-run Instituto Technico Maria Auxiliadora. The living situation is different than most sites but most everything can be accommodated including meals, prayer, and community time.
If you are interested in a dynamic and unique volunteer experience, Yapacani may be the place for you.