Hogar María Auxiliadora is home to 45 orphaned, abandoned, or abused girls ages 5-18. SLMs have been part of the hogar family since 2006.
Located in Itocta, the hogar enjoys a calm setting in a rural community a half hour outside of the city of Cochabamba. Living in the southern zone of Cochabamba also presents an opportunity to witness the struggles of communities on the margin of the city.
- Tutor for various subjects and grade levels
- Maintain the library and small computer room
- Translate for sponsors supporting young women in the adjacent transition home, Casa San Miguel
- Act as the primary caretaker to the youngest girls (kindergarten and first grade)
- Facilitate daily tasks (chores, homework time, bedtime, etc)
- Become a trustworthy friend of girls with deep personal struggles
- Share their own personal gifts and talents (art, dance, music, athletics, etc)
Hogar María Auxiliadora is the perfect site for SLMs open to living as part of a big family and developing intentional and loving relationships with a very special group of girls and young women.