Don Bosco Vocational Training Center for Girls is located in Phnom Penh, the capital city of Cambodia. It is in a district called Tuol Kork, which has really grown around the school since being placed there in 1993.
Although it is a bustling city, the school lays in a quieter part of the city, but is still well within reach to basic needs.
The Salesian Sisters began the school in 1993 in order to reach out to the impoverished of the villages as well as the city and create successful jobs in secretarial/computer areas so that these girls could provide for their families. Courses offered are Computer, Accounting, General Office Procedures, English, Personal Development and several others depending on teachers present to teach. SLMs normally teach English as well as offer up time to help in any way possible.
SLM Ministry Opportunities
- Teach English within the Vocational Center
- Attend and help with Oratory on Sundays
- Helping with those who live in the school with homework and practicing English as well as evening recreation
- Sports Ministry-help teach or referee various sports
- Live within a community of Sisters
- Opportunity to share all individual talents
- Help with monthly programs including Christmas Bazaar, Gratitude Day and saint feast days